Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow Day!

This post is dedicated to my dear friend, Katie. She has been harassing me to blog about snow since the first snowfall, and since she is currently on business in the desert (i.e., Dubai), I am sending these scenes from the woods around my house to her. Very Robert Frost, don’t you think?

View of our neighbor's house and creek from the porch.

No...I'm not getting the mail.

So pretty.

 I was always the girl who insisted on secretly keeping the first snowball of the winter season in the freezer until my poor mother found it (usually in the summer). Since I have limited freezer space, here are other ways of bringing that snowy feeling indoors:

I love these simple birch tree coasters from redbirdink's etsy shop.

Something about this deer print just seems very winter to me.

This lighting fixture from cb2 reminds me of snow falling.
The geometric print on these glasses looks like snow whirling.

The weathered look of these lanterns reminds me of snow-covered gazebos.

Bring your guests some hot toddies and some winter bird watching with this silver tray.

Now that I know that snowshoe wall sconces exist...I can't live without them!

1 comment:

  1. how sweet of you! and how awesome for your friend to be in Dubai! I love those coasters & lights.... so cute!

    ReplyDelete