Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Bright Halloween

In college, my roommates and I threw a Halloween party to end all Halloween parties. We transformed the hallway between the kitchen and the living room into a tunnel of spider webs, there was a smoke machine in the living room, bats hanging from the ceiling and tiny orange and purple lights were wrapped around every square foot of our apartment.

When I think about what it is that I love so much about Halloween, and any holiday really, it’s the lighting. I love how you can change the environment of any room by simply changing up the light fixtures and by adding some natural candlelight. Here are some of my favorite lighting ideas for the season:

This lamp is so stylish and reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas.

A good friend of mine has some of these rattan pumpkins.

Mosaic glass candle holders have always been a favorite of mine and orange is perfect for the holiday.

This gothic, antler-inspired chandelier is would look wonderful in any dining room or foyer.

Pop these LED wrapped twigs into a large glass vase to add everyday warm to your space.

The best thing about a most of this stuff is that you leave it up for Thanksgiving, or use it year-round!



No comments:

Post a Comment