Thursday, December 2, 2010

Obsessed: Upcycled Library Card Catalogs

Read about it here.
Not too long ago, Design Sponge featured this Before & After write up on an old library card catalog that a DIYer had converted into a gorgeous buffet table, and I have been dreaming about it ever since. I think it's time for a pet project of my own!

I love the idea of bringing things into your space that equals the sum of your experiences. I worked in both of my university libraries before graduation and reading has always been a favorite pastime, so this project is perfect for me. Here are some beautiful upcycled pieces that I plan to use for inspiration:

I love the casual use of this one (featured on apartment therapy).
This converted end table would look great in a vacation house.


This one is a little too traditional, but I still like it.

And here is the hot mess that I am thinking about purchasing from craigslist:



My record player will look good on top of that, right? All I need to do is sand it down, add some legs and some new labels...


No comments:

Post a Comment